8.11.2012

August 11, 2012

I stare at the ceiling cracks of my room...wondering what I should do for the idle time that I have. Wanted to go to a friend's baby shower but too scared to go given the looming full blown migraine...it was a good call actually that I decided not to go because in the next hour I experienced diarrhea.

Sucks to be a woman at this time of the month.

On a different topic, I joined a Spanish class last Thursday. I don't think I would ever have a use for the Spanish language except if I decided to go back to Mexico or go to Spain for a tour (which will not happen anytime soon). And it is not a formal language class...it's more of having a reason for CS (couchsurfers) of Makati to have an activity...to meet and greet with people. I admit it was fun doing so.

Here are the reasons why I joined the Spanish class:
 1. I am bored. I need something new to do. The offer of learning a new language for free is a good chance to get rid somehow of this boredom.
2. I think it's a good exercise for my brain...to keep me from having a dementia (e.g. alzheimer's) later on in life
3. To have a good use of the Spanish-English dictionary at home. Which reminds me, I have to bring that back when I go back here to Makati.
4. I think it's a good way of meeting new and interesting people...which I did. Since most were newbies to CS, I was able to impart some of my experiences as a CSer. They all had a laugh. One even thinks I look and act like Eugene Domingo (ang layo kaya!). In a way, I was able to bring out my comedian self. I am getting waaaay to serious already (on the path towards becoming an old grouchy spinster).

On yet again a different topic...since the word spinster came out... I learned through fb that two of my female cousins are going to get married. They got engaged almost at the same time. Honestly, there is this side of me that sort of envy them. So in the next months and years, 3 of my younger cousins are going to get married.

This got me into thinking. I am telling myself and other people that there's this part of me that does not want to get married and this is because of what happened to my friends, friends of friends and family friends. But it is an issue that has been bothering me whenever there would be news of a friend or relative is getting married. Bothered meaning I get sad because I think it will never happen to me. I have created opportunities for myself but it just didn't. Maybe it wasn't meant to be or not my time yet? Maybe I'm just getting impatient with this. Then I'd think/realize that getting bothered by this is useless. And that I have to use my time to do and think of things that are productive.

Or maybe I am having these feelings because of mood or hormones. Oh well...

No comments: