2.12.2013

very very late birthday post


Well I think in the past years I've been writing birthday posts. But I wasn't able to write last year, heck I wasn't able to write anything in the past months!

Anyway, since in the past years also...I think...from what I remember...I always have a disease or something. Always sick with a cough or colds or whatever. Well, it's not so different this year.

Let's list down the diseases I have so far and the year I found out I have it or at least suspect that I have it:

1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome: Nothing serious really. I think it is just nature's way of controlling the population. I'm not infertile but I may have difficulty bearing a child. I found out I have this when I was 23-24 years old, in Bukidnon, while monitoring a survey about health. How ironic right? The solution to this is either surgery or hormonal therapy. So far, I think hormonal pills are doing fine.

2. Cholesteatoma: According to PubMed Health, it is a "type of skin cyst located in the middle ear and skull bone (mastoid)". Sounds scary. The bad thing about having this is that I'm forbidden to swim. My favorite sport / activity!!! Ugh! The only thing I can do to really remove this is surgery (so I can swim) but the doctor is saying that there's really no need for surgery. Now the problem with surgery here in the Philippines for this type of disease is that it is considered a major surgery. In the developed countries, this is just a minor surgery and from I heard they use laser for this. I only learned that I have this April 2012 (then I went to the beach in Palawan and scuba dived in June 2012) Yes. I'm stubborn like that. So says my ear doctor.

3. Umbilical hernia: I felt a lump in my navel last year and it was only this year that I was able to go to the doctor and have it checked. My doc says it's a hernia and I'll be completely fine unless it becomes painful and the only way to treat it is not by diet, not by changing lifestyle or activities but by surgery. My diseases really wants me to go under the knife.

4. Gall bladder stones: Well I think this is a bit serious. Especially when your doctor says that this acts like a time bomb. You don't know when it's going to explode (not literally anyway). Found out about this just last Friday. But I think I have this late last year when the burping started. Excessive burping was one of the symptoms. I did not feel any pain so I guess it's a good thing that the doctor ordered an ultrasound for the burping. We all thought it was just acid reflux. I will have to schedule a laparoscopy maybe at the end of this month. Let's hope for the best!

As for love life, well there are always possibilities but it never materializes. I hope this year will be good to me. Hoping really for a love life, or having kids this year (if God would allow it).

No comments: