1.29.2014

Why I love my job

I am just grateful that I am in a position to support others in making better lives for others.

Most of my waking hours is devoted to work. I do complain sometimes that I don't get to have time to do the things that I'd rather do like sleep or hang out with friends and family as much as I want. You just learn to forego these things, especially when you know you are making even a small positive difference in a (or many) person's life.

This week I found out that due to my findings an employee will be receiving at least Php15,000 retroactive payment from 2011. He was not given the correct amount by HR (it was probably an honest mistake). Several persons will also be receiving increases but not as high as that amount. I'm sure their families would be very happy to hear the news.

Making a positive difference and contributing to the betterment of people's lives (even just a few people) is the reason why I love my job.

No comments: